Journal of Power Electronics is the official publication of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics (KIPE). The first issue of JPE was published in 2001. Since 2008, JPE has been recorded in the journal of House of Korea Research Foundation, SCOPUS and SCIE. The journal is issued bimonthly in January, March, May, July, September, November. JPE is now upgrading its editing system, staffs, and quotation frequency in order to be listed in SCI (core).
The Journal of Power Electronics (JPE) is published bimonthly.
The Journal of Power Electronics publishes papers of a high technical
standard with a suitable balance of practice and theory. It covers
a wide range of applications and apparatus in the power electronics
field. The scope of the JPE includes the following:
- High Power Converters
- Low Power Converters
- Power Quality and Utility Applications
- Renewable Energy
- Control in Power Electronics
- Motor Drives
- Electric Machines
- Analysis, Simulation, and Control
- Power Devices and Components
- Integration and Packaging
- Other Applications
Manuscripts submitted for consideration should report the results of original work. Also, survey papers from field experts will be considered for review. However, papers that have been previously published or submitted to other journals, conferences, or books in any language will not be considered for JPE publication.
To qualify for review, revised or extended versions of papers presented in conferences, workshops, or other symposiums should include significant improvements. The title and abstract of paper should be different and at least 30% of content should be modified with new ideas and improvements. In this case, submissions should indicate clearly at which conference (or workshop, symposium) the manuscripts have been presented. Also the original conference paper needs to be submitted to the JPE. Violation of this standard may cause ethical problems of dual publication. Each author bears the full responsibility for any legal issues.
These guidelines are specified by the JPE Editor-in-Chief. All authors are responsible for understanding these guidelines before submitting manuscripts.
The KIPE employs a web-based manuscript submission portal for
peer-review. Authors must submit manuscripts electronically to the
JPE on-line review system at http://manuscript.jpe.or.kr. All manuscripts
must be in the (PDF) format and be less then 10Mb in size. Please
note that first-time users of the JPE system have to create an account
and follow the submission instructions. The names of authors and
their affiliations must remain anonymous in submitted manuscripts
to make the evaluation process as fair as possible. However, when
submitting a manuscript, the corresponding author’s information
must be entered into the submission form on the JPE author’s page
at the JPE website. It is the author’s responsibility to ensure
the submitted files are fully viewable and in the intended format.
Before making a submission, please confirm the style and format
of your manuscript.
[Style of a Manuscript for Review]
- Size of manuscript: 21cm x 27.8cm (A4)
- Formatted double columns with single spaced 10pt fonts
- Include all figures, tables, and captions in the text and confirm their size and legibility.
- Contain manuscript title, keywords and an abstract of not more than 200 words - on the first page.
- Indicate reference numbers in square brackets (e.g. , , and ) and give details of reference at the end of each paper.
- Please do not include authors’ names, footnotes, acknowledgements, biography, photos or any information which could identify authors in the manuscript.
[Style of reference]
- Periodical Publications: Authors(first initials followed by
last name), Title of Paper, Title of Periodical, Volume, Issue Number,
Page Numbers, Month Year.
- Conference Publications: Authors, Title of Paper, Title of Conference, Page Numbers, Year of Conference.
- Books : Authors, Title of Book, Publisher Name, Chapter/ Page numbers, Year.
- Webpage: Title of Website, Page Address, Date of Reference.
Once a manuscript has been accepted for publication, the authors will be notified by the JPE Editorial board. At that point, a special format will be required for publication. Your final manuscript for publication must contain author biographies and photos and be saved in MS-Word (‘.doc’ file) which is less than 10Mb. Before submitting your final manuscript, please check the template file at http://jpe.or.kr/sub mission/info_authors.asp and format your manuscript accordingly. Submit your final manuscript to the JPE on-line review system with your author’s ID and also send it to the JPE Editor by e-mail at email@example.com. A signed copyright agreement form is also required before publication.
[Style of a Manuscript for Publication]
- Size of manuscript: 21cm x 27.8cm
- Page Margin: Top & Bottom - 2 cm / Left & Right - 1.8 cm / Head - 1.8 cm
- Formatted double columns with 1.15 spaced (main text - Times New Roman, 9.5 pt fonts)
- Please include authors’ names, affiliations, biography, photos (size: 2.6(h) x 2.2(w)) in the manuscript.
- All figures, tables, equations and captions should be clear and viewable.
- 8 pages would be a preferable length for the JPE manuscripts.
- Manuscripts in JPE journal and reprints are printed in black and white. But JPE journal encourages the use of color for the online version of its articles.
For details of formation guidelines, you can download the template file for publication at download page. After proofreading and editing of the final manuscript by the KIPE and prior to publication, the KIPE will send the page proof to the corresponding author for final editing. Over-length page charge will be assessed at this time. If you need more information, please contact the KIPE by email(firstname.lastname@example.org).
After the final manuscript has been submitted, the JPE editor will estimate the length of the paper. The authors will be notified in advance of page charges. Page charges will be billed at $30 for each page. Authors must commit to paying page charges before publication.
Authors and co-authors have an opportunity to purchase reprints of their articles published in JPE journals. The first 100 reprints include sea freight, air freight delivery, additional handling and shipping charges will be added and are listed on the order form. Rates for black & white reprints can be found on the reprints order form. Reprints will be shipped approximately 2-8 weeks by sea freight and 1~2 weeks by air freight after the journal has been mailed. Please include a phone number, fax or e-mail address in case you need to be notified of any changes in your order. Orders must currently be made by printing our order form and faxing or mailing it to us. All payments must be made in U.S. Dollars. We accept BC and Visa cards and wire transfers. Please do not send cash.
Prior to submitting your manuscript, please ensure that you carefully read the Code of Ethics for Research of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics. Click here to see the Code of Ethics for Research.
It is the KIPE policy to own the copyright of all the KIPE published technical contributions. To comply with the KIPE copyright policy, authors are required to sign the KIPE copyright agreement form before publication. This form is provided upon approval of the manuscripts. Authors should submit a signed copy of copyright form with their manuscripts. The copyright agreement form can be downloaded at - http://jpe.or.kr/submission/info_authors.asp.
It is not compulsory, but strongly recommended for authors to subscribe the KIPE before submitting manuscripts to the JPE. Further information on the KIPE is available at the KIPE website.
The Korean Institute of Power ElectronicsRm.#408, The Korea Science & Technology Bldg. 22, 7gil, Teheran-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 06130, Republic of Korea